Thursday, March 09, 2006

About Games Again

Oh gosh, how time flies in general. How time flies more when GTA is involved. And how long have I not updated.

There's not a lot to write about, except about gaming.

Life is still kind of uneventful and quiet.

Anyway, my second helping of GTA is cheat-free and a lot better than the first time I played it. I think I might be able to finish the game again by next week.

And talking about games, one time me and my friends were talking about old games that we love, like X-Wing series of games and UFO:Enemy Unknown and the like when it suddenly hit me.

People remake old movies all the time right? Why not remake old games?

Like the X-Wing ones for example. Take all the missions from the old X-Wing and Tie Fighter games, throw in some new ones, include Episode 1,2 and 3 ships and scenarios, use a new graphics and physics egine and put everything in one super mega X-Wing compilation.

It would sell for sure. Definitely.

There are a lot of old games that were brilliant. So brilliant, the only updates they need to keep up with the times is to use a new graphics engine and some tweaking. That's it.

I notice that a lot of games nowadays concentrate more on eye candy and all those tech bells and whistles instead of story and content. Example, Gunship 2000 was absolutely brilliant when it came out. The dynamic campaign games were genius, and you had your own crew to take care of as well as squad mates. You can even give out promotions and medals to your AI wingmen. The game was involved and had a real "feel" about it.

The sequel was prettier with better graphics and new stuff. It also sucked. No wingmen, no campaign, no story, no nothing. Just some random missions. It felt more like a technology demo than a game.

X-COM also had a sequel. Prettier, but not even close to the original X-COM when it came to addictiveness and involvement. Also, buggy as hell.

There are more examples which I can't think off right now.

I think remade old games with new technology would rock!

Also, I've discovered that there is an online version of Uncharted Waters!! Unfortunately, it's not in English.

Yet.

Heee heee heee. I can't wait!

No comments: