Wednesday, July 02, 2008

668


Ok, it's time to write about food. Specifically it's time to plug my favourite kolo mee vendor, 668 Cafe at Tabuan Jaya here. It's right next door to Kaya and Toast.


My usual bowl of kolo mee...

...and the accompanying bowl of kiaw. Lovely.

Kolo mee, a signature meal for Kuchingites (for those who can eat non-halal food anyway). Lots of places sell kolo mee, each slightly different from the next. Some of these places are somewhat mediocre. Some others are terrible.

Some are excellent. Like the one on the corner of Bishopgate street, reputably the best of all of them. Lots of people say that and I can't disagree. 668 kolo mee is very, very close to that. Just like the Bishopgate one, 668 kolo mee is so good and so addictive it should be illegal.

It just occurred to me that I don't know how to write food reviews... Anyway...

The unfortunate thing about 668 Cafe is it opens a little too late for me to have breakfast at when I'm working day shifts. I usually have something in Tabuan before I head off to work. It's usually either kam pua mee or kolo mee or porridge. Some days I just have coffee.

668 opens at 7.00am usually which is the time I have to start work. I'm not sure when it closes. I usually go there for breakfast only.

Tonight is my last night at work this week and this morning I will drop by at 668 as usual. Looking forward to some good noodles in the mornin'...

For those who love good kolo mee, please go to 668 and try it. You'll love it.

No comments: