Sunday, August 05, 2007

Closing The Gates Of Hell

Yesterday morning, I went to see the Doc as scheduled. Things are going swimmingly well. No more random inexplicable migraines, no more side effects, no more morbid gloomy thoughts about death, no more feeling sorry for myself.

When compared to the first time I entered the Doc's office, I feel approximately 4,000,000 times better. That's not an exaggeration.

To me, during the last 3 months the entire world changed into a place that is actually quite liveable, despite all the morons that live in it if you know what I mean. The light at the end of the tunnel is no longer a train and the future no longer looks like the inside of an abandoned coal mine.

It feels quite nice now.

It's not over yet though.

After consulting with the Doc, he decided that now would be a good time to start tapering off. One does not go off anti-depressants cold turkey. Bad things can happen.

One more appointment in September and after that we'll know for sure. So far, I feel quite good about it. Whatever happens, at least I have options now and I know what to watch out for.

Hopefully after September, the gates remain shut.

No comments: