Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tee Hee Hee...

This weekend turned out to be a rather good one.

Firstly, my bank calls me up to say that they are upping my credit limit. God knows why, but I suppose that's a good thing.

But really, that's not that big a deal.

Last night, I was supposed to stay home, play Oblivion and sleep early since I'm working this morning. But then, my colleague kept bugging me to go out for drinks for a short while. So I did.

I arrive at the drinky place and order my drink. Just then, colleague calls to say that he couldn't come due to some last minute thing. No problem then. But I've already ordered my drink. So I hang around.

Then, the girl formerly known as Waitress Bar Wench appears with some friends. Yay, drinking buddies! So we drink and chit chat. Incidentally, she doesn't hang out with her old, annoying company anymore. Turns out they had a bad falling out. Which is a good thing. Her new friends are so much less annoying. I went and told her straight in her face about what I thought of her old friends. She nodded.

Also, funny how things look when the eyes are wide open and not clouded by emotional problems... I did like her before. A lot. But last night, I couldn't remember why. She's ok but not as anything more than casual friends. Which is fine for me. No hard feelings.

It was nice. But it's not a huge deal either. I hung out with her the previous night too so it was cool. But not a big deal.

The clock was reading 11.00pm and I was about to leave in 20 minutes.

Just then, this particularly dollsome young woman saunters over to where we were sitting and clinks her glass with mine. So we start talking.

This is kinda strange. I'm sitting there in my ratty unwashed jeans, slippers and round neck t-shirt doing absolutely nothing, with my hands in my pockets and a woman comes up to chat. A really attractive one too. This sort of thing doesn't happen to me much, so this might be a big deal.

But maybe she was just being nice. Or maybe she knows ex-Waittress girl in some way. Even if she didn't say anything to the others.

Not long after that, she asked for my phone number.

She claims her name is S****a. She said she'll call. I don't believe her one bit actually but it was really nice of her to say that. For all we know, she might've been drunk and she'll forget everything in the morning. It was nice gesture though. Count thy blessings I say.

Now this is a big deal.

In my entire life, this is the first time this kind of thing has ever happen. Makes me feel kinda nice. This means that I may not be as wallflowery and unapproachable as I thought. Maybe having long hair helps after all. Who knows?

Hee. Yes I'm very gleeful and despite my relative lack of sleep this morning, I'm in a really good mood. All evenings should be this fun...

That's not all. In our group last night, there was another one. Very nice. Very tall. Very friendly. I might see her again soon too.

And then there was that group of women sitting at the table next to ours. Especially the one in the black dress who kept borrowing my lighter.

I'm not going to be stupid and wonder why this is happening. This is the kind of evening to be enjoyed not to be overanalysed.

Perhaps changing routines was a good thing after all.

So how was your weekend?

No comments: