Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Contrast

That categorisation exercise I mentioned in my last post is proving to be more troublesome than I expected. So many old posts, so difficult to divide. And for some posts, very hard to read now. I'm going to continue with labeling them, but at a much slower pace.

I've had plenty of trouble in my life as evidenced by those entries and by memories of things earlier than my blogging days. I had a random thought about it last night.

As much as I lament my so-called misfortunes in the past, there is actually a silver lining.

I've been going out quite a bit and along the way I've noticed people. I've noticed that a lot of people have a lot of issues and a lot of them don't know how to resolve them. Or express themselves. So many of them act out when they're intoxicated. Which is no good at all really.

I also see many people getting pissed off about trivial matters as if those matters were crises of international proportion. While I do realize that trouble always seems huge, I can't help but think quietly to myself these people haven't seen nothing yet, these people don't have a clue what real trouble is. What real darkness is.

Perhaps it's unfair for me to judge. It probably is. But this entry is about me, not them so...

The thing I noticed is that I could also be like that. I could also panic and hyperventilate and get pissed off about every little thing that I don't like. Except I'm not like that. On the way home last night, I figured maybe I'm not like that because I've seen worse and survived.

I guess the experiences weren't a complete waste of time and things happen for a reason. Maybe because of those things, I can be grateful of the simple things in life that people take for granted.

Perhaps.

Please forgive the rambling. I'm just thinking out loud. I could be wrong, I know.

In other news, a friend of mine posted an entry about how July is proving to be an endless month. I thought about that.

And gosh, she's right.

No comments: