Friday, February 24, 2006

Then and Now and Then Again

The new Bananarama album, Drama, is actually very, very good. Great dance music. I'm quite surprised at how good it is. The CD had been sitting in my car for three weeks before I got around to listening to it.

I particularly like the track "Look On the Floor". Awesome.

It's quite strange. The last time time I listened to them regularly was in the early 90s. That's quite literally a lifetime ago.

Somehow, the new album really gives time an age a perspective.

Despite my age, I still find it quite impossible to "act my age" as it were. I guess I'll always be like this. Somehow, whenever I think about it, I'll never really "grow up". I don't think I'll ever acquire that certain degree of responsibility, stability and seriousness that is required as an "adult".

I still haven't decided whether that is a good or bad thing. Neither have I thought about how serious and important being "my age" really is. I really don't care so much. It's just a thought.

There's that generation gap again. A generation ago, a thirty three year old would've stopped doing 75% of the things I still do. Perhaps during those times, it was necessary to evolve like that.

How different are things now.

I suddenly feel sorry for my parents again. I bet they had hoped for a more successful, mature and altogether more stable child who would be sitting somewhere in a prestigious position of employment who is also married to a nice woman. Instead, they got me.

When I think about it, I understand why they might feel disappointed. Unfortunately, there's little I can do about that.

Anyway, my life so far is nothing like what I envisioned it to be during those heady days of the early 90s.

Am I disappointed by that? Sometimes I think I am, but mostly, not really.

No comments: