Monday, February 20, 2006

A Bizarre Dream

This week continues to be somewhat confusing. I'm working on days that I shouldn't be working and I'm not working on days that I should.

I had a bizarre dream two nights back.

I fell asleep and I dreamt that I fell asleep and dreamt that.... well you know. It was weird. After waking up from that and falling asleep again, I dreamt that I fell asleep and had a nightmare.

It was very weird. And very vivid. In fact, it was so vivid, I'm not exactly sure which part was real and which part was the dream.

The nightmare within the nightmare itself was quite strange. In it I was just petrified of something. I don't know what. It was just me frozen with fear. I actually shook (or at least I felt like I was shaking). Usually, a nightmare involves being chased by something or drowning or falling or piloting a burning aircraft into a ship (yes, I actually dreamt this a very long time ago) or other sundry badness.

But not this one. I was just standing there being very, very afraid.

It was extremely weird. And a little too intense for my liking. Happily, I don't have bad dreams very often. I'd like to keep it that way.

In other happenings, there isn't that much happening.

One night, I was out with friends and we had this conversation about torture devices and methods. That was very interesting, especially the more twisted, sick ones.

Like the blood eagle. And the brazen bull.

The conclusion? People are generally very bad to other people and people who think up these torture/execution methods have too much free time on their hands. Or maybe they were angry at their parents.

Sick and twisted as it may be, I do find things like these morbidly fascinating. Not that I'm a sick, twisted person, of course.

Anyway, here's to hoping that the week will be more interesting than usual.

It ought to be. I'm getting my extra audio equipment installed in my car this evening.

No comments: