Thursday, December 22, 2005

Still Here

I haven't been updating much have I? I haven't.

I'm not sure why, considering how much I really want to talk about. Things like people who take things too personally, retarded internet arguments, how we need "villains" in our lives to justify our own causes, blogs I recently discovered and more. And I have about four million words to say about current issues stuff like the lame attempts the cops are making in saving their tarnished "reputation" from the nudie squat affair and even lamer attempts by halfwit UMNO MPs to try and foist the blame for this on their usual hapless scapegoats i.e opposition MPs.

Honestly, politics and politicians sicken me, and yet I find political news irresistable. It's like smoking I'm telling you.

I do feel very tired however. I'm so glad the year will end soon. And talking about that, I kind of miss having the year end blues. This month is supposed to be punctuated by bouts of melancholic reminiscence and wallowing in my own self pity and loneliness. It hasn't been like that so far.

I kind of miss the oddly comfortable misery feeling like that brings. Something is changing here, I'm not sure what. I feel quite different from what I usually feel.

Anyway, before I forget, let me write about some minor stuff and things I've been up to.

I have discovered a wonderful eatery in town. It's in front of St. Mary's School, a stone's throw from The Junk. It's a little, cosy place called Bla Bla Bla. It's marvelous. The food is great and the environment and atmosphere better. I love it. We should have a blogger's gathering there soon.

The only problem with the place is there is absolutely no where to park without ending up walking long distances. In the dark.

Still, I like it and I'll be back there very soon. I hope they serve wine.

I'm playing a WW2 shooter so bloody difficult, it makes Call of Duty 2 seem like a cakewalk. It is called Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood. It's a squad based game where you have to order around two sections of men to achieve your objectives.

Very steep learning curve and very realistic. I'm almost wishing that The Major can help with some tactical advise. I'm stuck at a level where I'm supposed to clear a town. Urban combat, very dangerous.

When I get bored of having my ass shot off by angry Germans, I still fall back to Need for Speed Most Wanted. It's been a while now, and the game is still fun.

I wished it included Feraris and Hondas.

And talking about that, all you people who are hitting my blog in search of SDHIDER, please go here.

I hope that helped.

Another nice thing that happened just now is that I've been invited to guest blog at one of my favourite blogs! That was a pleasant surprise. The problem is that I can't think of anything to write about yet. It has to be something that appeals to everyone, not just Malaysians, and it should be seasonal.

What eh?

Tonight is my last night of work for the year. Next week I come back to work in the day after Christmas. And next week, I'm going to Permai for three days. I hope they have internet connection somewhere nearby. And I hope I don't forget to bring my camera. And buy batteries.

And this Sunday is Christmas! How cool is that!?

And tomorrow evening, the bloggers' BBQ. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: