Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Small Rant and Other, Happier Things

I'm posting, which means that I'm at work.

Only a fortnight left before Christmas! It's unbelievable how fast this year has gone by. I hope the year will end well. At least I hope the year will end better than last week.

I had a rather unpleasant encounter with a superior. I won't go into details, all I can say is that I don't appreciate personal attacks and rude comments about my ability to do work. Normally, I'm a non-confrontational person. But after last week's outburst, I'm not giving this superior any more face.

The next time he pulls a stunt like this, I will be very, very rude. If this happens a third time, I will do something very, very dire and become his worst nightmare.

I do realize that perhaps he was in a bad mood. Maybe he has problems at home. Maybe he has a deadline and he's being pressured.

I don't care.

You do not take out your frustrations, anger, disappointment etc on other people. Other people don't exist to entertain you when you are pissed off. It is not ok to do this.

If you want some attention when you are feeling poorly, then open your mouth and say,"I need to get something off my chest." or "I have a problem and I feel like crap" instead of acting like a bitch and expecting people to guess why. Or worse, expecting people to understand.

Especially when I'm not even your friend.

And, in case any one accuses me that I probably do the same thing, I don't. I do not use my friends, colleagues, family members, total strangers, pets etc as punching bags to blow off steam when things go wrong.

If I need to, I open my mouth and talk, at the risk of being accused of being a whiny, little bitch. Which is a fair accusation, sometimes.

And one more thing, I wouldn't have minded so much if I was wrong. Instead, I got ticked off because the bastard can't speak English and failed to clarify an instruction. That, is NOT my problem.

Ok, now that we've gotten that off my chest, let's move on now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had good fun last night.

We went to the Film Fest at Cultural Village to catch the Lord of The Rings extended trilogy. That's what? Nine, ten hours. We finished at six in the morning.

The projector was set up in a clearing near the woods at Cultural Village and the screen was put up on an outdoor stage. Luckily, the weather was absolutely perfect for an outdoor screening. The stars were out and there was no rain. There were no insects and it wasn't very cold at all.

It's quite interesting to be lying in a field on a poncho while watching a movie.

This outdoor film fest thing is a brilliant idea. I hope it becomes annual. Tonight Batman Begins is showing. Unfortunately, I'm working.

Talking about movies, we watched Narnia on Thursday night. It was great. I was quite impressed.

The pacing was just right. It's a long-ish movie but it didn't really feel like it. No boring, draggy parts to endure.

I was quite impressed with the special effects like the talking animals and creatures like centaurs and minotaurs.

That reminds me of an article I read about this. Apparently, the late C.S Lewis didn't want to have a live action version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because he thought that the special effects would ruin the story with less than convincing animal characters.

I'm sure if he knew what CGI is capable of today he wouldn't mind.

Overall, it was quite satisfying.

Next, King Kong! Should be good too.

Apart from watching movies, I've been downloading episodes of Top Gear. Awesome car show, simply awesome. And not only for the cars. It has one other thing that I really like to watch.

British humour. Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Rich Hammond are insanely hilarious. I also have to mention the mysterious character known only as... The Stig, who is the show's resident test driver. He doesn't say anything and nobody knows who he is since he's always wearing a white helmet with black tinted visors.

It's a laugh riot and educational at the same time. If you like cars and things like that, watch Top Gear. You'll love it.

Ok then, off to work now.

No comments: