Saturday, December 17, 2005

Gigantopithecus!

There are not many good reasons for sitting still for three odd hours. King Kong however, is quite a good reason.

For a movie to last that long and not have many boring bits is quite an achievement.

Action packed would be a nice description.

And not only that. Jack Black's in it. He's cool. And Naomi Watts, who not only look like Nicole Kidman but is also apparently her best friend.

And Andy Serkis, who is in real danger of being type cast as...... an animal? And why not? He makes quite a decent animal.

Colin Hanks and Adrien Brody did quite well too.

Overall, I liked it. Go and watch. I like it enough to want to buy the DVD when it comes out.

Another movie which I surprisingly liked was one we saw on Thursday evening, a malay movie simply called Rock. It's about a rock band that almost made it. It was so cool, despite suffering from a very common ailment that many local movies suffer i.e good idea, bad execution.

But it was funny and nostalgic at the same time, being set in the early nineties. As you know, that period was the heyday of the Malaysian rock movement.

Those were good times. Anyway the movie.

It was great. I enjoyed it. Funny and nostalgic, and a little sad at the same time. I especially like the jam studio scenes. We used to do exactly the same thing in a jamming studio that looked almost identical.

I also watched The Dukes of Hazzard. Also fun. It has to be. Stifler is in it.

I think I've caught all the movie worth catching this year. Now, I look forward to watching Gubra, the much anticipated "sequel" to Sepet. I wonder if the government will miss the point again try ban this one. Hmm.....

Oh damn it, I forgot about Memoirs of a Geisha. I'm watching this one for sure.

I've watched so many movies this year, I wonder what a list of it would look like....

Current Music - Dari Sinar Mata, Bumiputera Rockers

No comments: