Monday, June 16, 2008

Still Here...

... just not posting. Nothing to post about this week. No idea what to post about.

I watched the Spain vs Sweden game on early Sunday morning. Good game. Huge drama at the end. David Villa is on fire right now. Four goals in 2 games.

Before the game, we hung out at this place called Family cafe next to the AmBank near the Satok flyover. The place itself was fine. The food was so-so only. The fried rice was a little too salty for my taste.

We talked about a lot of stuff as usual. What we did for the week, what movies to watch next, stuff happening on the internet and etc. We also talked about work and I told them someone we know is applying for work at my place. The topic of promotion at work came up and I said that to be honest, I wouldn't want to get promoted at the moment.

I'm not particularly ambitious career wise even though I do enjoy my work. I think I've written about this before. I have no great aim at becoming the boss at my work place. If I ever get promoted one day I might consider it. But that's never been my major aim.

I'm not really sure when it happened but I gave up trying to be professionally successful a long time ago.

Sounds rather simplistic, but all I want is to be happy and satisfied I guess. By that I mean in my personal life. Suddenly I'm thinking, happiness and satisfaction is rather simple sounding but it's also very elusive no? It's also rather odd when I look at many "successful" people around me and see that they are not even close to being happy and satisfied.

I'm not judging. Perhaps that is what they want and where they are is where they want to be all along.

How about me? I'm pretty good I guess. I could do with a bit of extra money but I'm ok otherwise.

I had this odd dream last night. I can't really remember what it was about but I remember it having to dowith an old flame, two guys (one of whom I vaguely remember from college) and lots of seafood. In a foreign city.

In the dream, me and old flame are friends again and are on talking terms. In real life, we are not. It would be nice if we were back on talking terms.

As for the seafood and the two guys, I have no idea what that's all about....

No comments: