Thursday, June 05, 2008

Crush Depth

Well, it finally happened.

I haven't checked what the other bloggers are writing about. Haven't got the time. I'm sure lots of people have lots of opinions and feelings about this.

What am I feeling? To be honest, I'm a bit numb right now. Also a bit anxious. Especially about crime rates going up and profiteering. These two things will definitely happened. The powers that be won't be able to stop it. It's up to us to look after ourselves.

I was also a bit upset last night because I was caught in the panic-buying induced traffic jam when I wanted to go meet some colleagues. As a result we started late and I had to cancel another engagement. I understand why it happened (the panic buying) but I don't know, it all seems so pointless to waste the entire evening and lots of fuel just to go and buy even more fuel.

I'm also worried and feel sympathy. These new fuel price increases will cause some people to fall through the cracks and become hardcore poor. The government will say this won't happen but come on think about it. Some people I know are already making zero profit from their tiny wages. Add 40% extra fuel cost and we get a deficit.

Cue desperate people trying all kinds of things to make ends meet. Including crime.

So lock up your houses and valuables, keep your eyes open and maybe buy a dog or two. Or a geese. Geese are good guards too. I fully expect crime to shoot up. Some may say the cops will deal with this but seriously, you think they can do anything? It's up to us again to look after ourselves.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to think of some way to increase my own income. I'm not making enough as it is and I'm far from living a luxurious life.

I just hope my RM625 rebate won't get lost in the mail.

One last thing, I heard rumours that the 625 thing is a one shot payment. I guess whoever said this was really pissed off. It's ok to be pissed off. It's not ok to spread rumours. The rebates and
discounts are annual.

Well, there you go. I hope everyone will be ok and find a way to survive. Our lives are about to change again.

PS: The title of this post is based on a phenomenon detailed here. In my analogy, we are the submarines.

No comments: