Monday, June 02, 2008

On Call

It's Gawai week. Lots of people are having fun. I am...



...at work. Well, sort of.

I'm on call this week. The entire factory is shut down and there is noone here. Still, somebody needs to come by every now and then to run backups and stuff and to make sure everything is ticking. And it is this morning. I'll get off at 8-ish after everything is done and come back later in the evening at 6.

Everyone else is celebrating. I'm not too bummed on not being able to do that though. Somehow I'm not as eager about it. However, Gawai is the harvest festival and it's the time for thanksgiving for what blessings we may have had over the last year.

I do have one or two things to be grateful for. The peace and quiet this week would be one of it. Not being miserable and depressed anymore is the other. It's been a year since I first when to see a psychiatrist if I'm not mistaken. Since then, life has been very, very different.

My memories of life before that are beginning to fade. I can barely remember what it was like to be in that much pain. That is how different it is. I do want to keep some of those memories though as a reminder of how awful it was.

Anyway, I must go now. My backups are done and I need to check on a few more things before I go.

Have a blessed Gawai and may the coming year bring peace and prosperity to all of us.

No comments: