Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Must Blog!

It's been 5 days since my last blog post. A very long time with no new post. I must blog about something.

It's 4 in the morning and now is one of those times I wish this notebook had a back lit keyboard. Rather tricky to be hunting for keys in the dark.

I've been very busy the last few days. Fortunately I've been working day shifts so I'm feeling quite good actually. As busy as it is during the day, I must say I'd rather be busy than be bored. Working at night is very boring and not good for the spirit. At least my spirit anyway. Another colleague prefers to work at night...

On Monday, I went to set up a wifi network and to activate Streamyx at St. Paul's church in Siol Kandis. It was good fun. I enjoyed it, from looking for and buying the stuff to teaching new users
how to use and control the wifi network. How many churches in Kuching have wifi? I should drive around town, park near a church, use my wifi catcher and make a list.

I would have been happy enough to charge for parts only and not charge for labour as some kind of community service but my dad insisted that I charge for service as well so I made a tidy sum from it. It was a good day and I feel pretty good about helping the church. Now if only I could get off my lazy ass on Sundays and actually attend a service every now and then.

Talking about making some money, I've sold my Playstation 2 to a friend of mine. I really didn't want to but the thing was sitting out in the open collecting dust. I thought I better pass it on before the thing spoils due to neglect. I do kinda miss it but I didn't really play it as much as I thought I would. I still miss Gran Turismo 4 though... It's still the best racing sim I've ever played. Too bad it's not available for PC.

I'm also contemplating getting a Playstation 3 in the future, as crazy expensive and heavy as it is. There are two very, very good reasons for it.

First, Gran Turismo 5. Have you seen the screenshots for this beast of a racing game? Mindblowing. Also, 900 cars. Including Ferraris...

Second, Grand Theft Auto IV. It's the closest thing you can get to starring in your own interactive movie.

I'm sure that there will be many very, very good game for PS3 coming out. Things like God of War 3...

Finally before I go back to bed to get some extra sleep, here are some links I discovered recently.

Overheard in Athens, proof that some college students... don't really belong there. Hilarious...

TruTV.com. Streaming reality TV clips. Very interesting. Good for boring nights at work.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'll be going for a bit of a holiday trip in November. Very cheap. You can plan your very own cheap holiday package at AirAsia GoHoliday.

That's it for today. I have to go to work in a few hours and I'm going back to bed.

No comments: