Thursday, September 06, 2007

Whiskey Delta

Today was one of the most chaotic, busiest, maddest day I've had at work. Incidentally, the company that I used to work for no longer exists officially from today.

I now work for a gargantuan, humongous, hardware producing company with facilities in such diverse locations as Ireland, Dubai, Thailand and of course Malaysia. It was a strange thing to open up the company phone guide excel document and see literally tens of thousands of names.

Hopefully, I'll continue to do well and make a decent living out of working for this humongous multinational corporation.

I still wonder about staff discounts. The company makes some nifty products I wouldn't mind having. Not to mention a partnership program with Dell which offers some nice discounts.

Anyway, I'll continue to be extremely tied up helping panicking users migrate to their new email accounts and logon profiles and what not. Not to mention the behind the scenes server work. We haven't even started on that one yet.

I was initially quite nervous about the takeover but today I find myself marvelling at how well known the new company is and how interesting it is to be working for an employer this huge.

Hopefully the future will be good.

No comments: