Sunday, June 17, 2007

Reunion

I went to hang out with some friends at an old watering hole on Friday night after our monthly staff meeting and dinner.

It was nice to be back there. The circumstances are very different from before. The place hasn't changed much though. But it looked new to me.

That night I bumped into someone I haven't met in two years. She didn't look a day older than the last time I saw her. It was... strange. I'm also quite surprised that she kept my number. She says she did try to text me before but got no reply. That makes some sense. I do remember those messages from an unidentified number. Usually I don't reply without proper ID.

She brought along a friend. I met them the same time last time. This one looked completely different. I only remembered her later.

They said they are looking forward to hanging out soon. I'm looking forward to that too.

We'll see how that pans out. Whatever happens, it should be interesting.

It's so strange to revisit an old part of an old life with new eyes.

No comments: