Monday, June 25, 2007

Bought!

I've decided to order the incredibly good value LCD monitor that I mentioned yesterday. It's going to be cool. 19", widescreen, DVI, 3 year onsite warranty, free delivery. It was just too good to pass up.

It's about time that I try out an LCD monitor at home anyway. I'm already using one at the office albeit a dinky 17" analogue one.

I can afford it too. It seems that I have to go back to the office on Friday for a briefing and some meetings. That's 9 hours of overtime. Plus, I have another 12 hours of overtime that I haven't claimed. Enough to cover a lot of the cost without dipping too much into my base wage. Still in the middle of saving up for some plans next year. And also to pay for my visits to the hospital.

I score 1 more day's worth off overtime and my monitor will be paid in full.

Pretty good bit of financial balancing there I think. Oh yeah, that also means that my car will be going semi-synthetic next month instead of full.

All in all, this is quite exciting.

In other news, I've finished the Oblivion main story. Quite nice, although not quite up to Baldur's Gate 2 standard. Now I'm just doing random stuff with the character that finished the story. I'll be doing a lot more messing around once that monitor arrives! It's time to look for old games and see how they look like on widescreen.

It's going to be a fun week...

No comments: