Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Call of Azeroth...

I'm contemplating going back to World of Warcraft. More specifically, I'm contemplating going back to the gank infested cesspool of PVP hell that is Tichondrius, my very first WoW server. I have no idea why I want to go back.

One good thing I can think of is how it would affect my D&D gaming. I might be able to insert some WoW elements into it.

I went to the WoW website just now and I've also discovered that the Burning Crusade expansion is available for direct download. It's 1Gb plus though, so I think ordering it from TSB makes more sense. Besides, if I order it I get to keep the nice box and the CD.

So, I've decided to reactivate my account tomorrow night. If only one day or one week activation was allowed. I'd rather not pay one month's worth of subscription at this time, at least not before I'm satisfied with things like latency and patch downloading speeds. I'm going to go through with it though. It's not too expensive anyway.

And talking about money, I've also make a decision to remove a large chunk of my outstanding credit card bill one shot. I'll be in the black in February what with the Chinese New Year holidays and other overtime deals coming up. So when the bill arrives, I'm going to pay off at least half. So far so good, I've managed to stave off any desire to spend indiscriminately. I'm quite pleased with that. I had a list of stuff to buy using my credit facilities and so far I haven't gone above it.

I'm also contemplating pumping some cash into my ASB account to jump start it. I've recently started auto deduction straight of my monthly wages.

As you can see, I've been thinking quite a lot about money recently.

Ah money. I complain a lot about all kinds of shit in my life but if there was one (relative) success story it would be my financial situation.

I was perpetually broke for something like a decade. It feels nice to not be broke.

While I may not quite have enough to own property and drive a flashy car, the money I make is more than enough for my standard of living. If things work out, that situation is going to improve. Provided I don't go nuts and buy something shiny and ludicrously expensive with my credit card...

So I'm going off to reactivate my WoW account then. Before I go, I would like to share this excellently cool website with everyone. Freestuff = good. Thanks a lot to Gette for putting it up on her blog. I've been meaning to put it up here but I kept forgetting.

Back to work. Off on Monday.

No comments: