Sunday, January 21, 2007

Schedule Change/RPG

My life is about to get kind of complicated because...

... it's that time of the year where my work shift changes. Therefore, my working days will be even less predictable than they are until everything stabilizes at the end of February.

I don't like this. This is one part of the job I don't particularly enjoy. The other parts that I'm beginning to get really bored with include working at night and working on public holidays\weekends.

Too bad decent jobs are hard to come by in Kuching, otherwise I'd move. I'd love to work normal hours again and be free when everyone else is free. I suppose I could move to where the grass is "greener" but my situation isn't that dire so I'm staying put.

And that place where the grass is "greener"? Actually, the "greener" grass comes with a price I'm not really willing to pay unfortunately. Speaking off which, my brother will be flying back there after his extended break from studying and job hunting. I hope he will be fine and he will get a nice job.

Not much else happened while I was away from the internet.

I went to check for music downloads and again, I didn't find anything I wanted. I think I may be suffering from download burnout. My intermittently crap connection didn't help and the bad weather over the last few days makes it even worse.

The guys have started to play D&D again. I got all nostalgic. I played a long time ago. The best part of the whole thing this time is the fact that some of the new group are RPG newbies. Always great to see people adjusting to the whole "acting" and "being in character" thing. Takes a bit of getting used to.

Occasionally I do contemplate being a DM. I do have some decent story ideas. The problem I have now is that I'm not really a good story teller. A good DM must be a good storyteller first and foremost. Also, he needs to be fast and be ready to take the story in a new direction when a player or players do something unexpected.

But if I was a good storyteller, I think it would be so much fun. I'm just watching this time around and already it's so much fun. If I had more time, I'd play too. But alas...

So, this means that I'm still playing Football Manager 2007. It's still excellent and I can't wait for the new patch coming out at the end of the month.

Life is pretty decent so far and the year 2007 hasn't felt "old" yet. More to come...

No comments: