Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Leisure Time!

Is it just me or does anyone else have any problems with Blogger on Firefox 1.5.0.6? The create new post window won't load on Firefox. It's fine on IE, which is what I'm on now.

I was bored. So two days ago, I bought a Gundam plastic model kit.

A long time ago, I used to build kits as a hobby. Mostly military aircraft kits by manufacturers like Tamiya or Airfix. Those were good times indeed.

Anyway, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed kit assembly. It was a good feeling seeing the Mobile Ginn (Miguel Aiman Custome) that I got slowly turn from bits of plastic into a cool 1/144 scale Gundam figure. Fully poseable too.

I enjoyed it so much, I went out and bought another one the next day. I decided to try something bigger (1/100 scale) so I bought one of those Little White Dragon rip-offs. The verdict?

The Bandai ones may cost more, but the end result is much better. And less annoying. My knock-off model has loose parts and parts that needed scraping with a knife to fit. Some of the extra armour bits didn't fit and I'll probably end up gluing them into place.

By the way, that's one of the perks of Gundam kits. No need for glue and paint is optional. The model looks great straight out of the box. No need to glue and paint and spray and dry and paint and spray and highlight etc etc. A 1/144 Gundam kit doesn't need 3 days to complete. Which is great because I don't have so much time.

Which reminds me, I need to buy batteries for the camera.

Anyway, this model kit thingie is a good distraction away from the PC so I think I'll do this regularly for a while.

Meanwhile, in World of Warcraft, my Forsaken warrior reached lvl 37 while hunting panthers in Stranglethorn Vale. Only three more levels before I can buy a mount. It's going to cost 100 gold pieces.

I have a princely sum of.... 10 gold pieces. I have no idea where to find the cash before I hit lvl 40.

So there, the things I do in my free time these days.

There's a PC fair this weekend and I really hope to go. Let's see what things I can get for cheap then.

No comments: