Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tabula Rasa

I'm not one for regrets these days although one could argue that I do in fact have a lot to regret. But for the most part, past things are buried where they should be. In the past. It's easier these last few weeks with my formerly messed up life hurtling back towards normalcy. I say hurtling because it feels like everything is settling down very quickly. Almost as if the last nine months never happened. Almost.

I saw some old college photos a Facebook friend and a former classmate put up. I wasn't in those photos. My friends and old mates were in them. Even my former room mate was there.

For that one quick moment, I cringed. I remembered how things were. Even worse than that, I remembered how I was.

Boy was I a freak then. My old friends would probably think that's a harsh word to use. But lets face it, I was very troubled then. Surely that was obvious.

If I could go and wipe myself, the things I said and the things I did from the memory of all those people I met then I would.

At least that way, if I bump into them now I'd have a clean slate. At least I wouldn't have to proof to anyone that I'm not weird anymore.

Then I snapped out of it and got on with the rest of the work day. Thank goodness for busy days at the office...

No comments: