Monday, July 20, 2009

Life Seeps Back

I had a great time last weekend. It was really the best weekend I've had in a very long time. Considering that it was in fact a rather mild weekend by most people's standards would tell you how hard things have been before this.

The weekend was great because I felt free for the first time in a long time. It felt like I escaped from a trap and can finally have a life again. Feeling alive is great.

I went to this rather cosy place near Wisma Hopoh, called Ileq-Ileq. It was pretty cool what with the it's simple decor and seemingly random people coming up to this little stage to play songs. Apparently, anyone can come up and perform. A novel idea. I forgot to take pictures of the place. Even if I did I probably won't post them. I feel so lazy to break out the card reader when I'm at my PC at home. Only when I blog with my laptop would I be inclined to post pictures. Anyway...

The day before day I went to Zest again for dinner. Was out the whole day in fact. The night before that I was at Kopitiam No. 6 at Jalan Song. Another nice place.

While all this was happening, I had to try and repair a PC which I couldn't in the end due to a borked mainboard. No choice but to buy a new one. Talking about borked, my lappy battery is on it's last legs. A replacement will cost about 265 bucks. Maybe later this year.

This morning I woke up and felt really good. Like something good was going to happen. My flu being gone might have contributed to the general good feelings.

A lot of people got sick last week. It's been ridiculously hot recently.

In other news, Candy has a new album out. Being an independent outfit means that their new material is hard to find. If I do get around to getting it, it will be the first original CD I buy since forever. They deserve the money so I'm going to get it when I can.

That's it for today. Here's hoping for a nice week. And some rain.

No comments: