Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanks for Coming Over

It's always a nice feeling when I check my hit counter and see that despite this blog's loss of "quality" so to speak, the number of people who visit is always consistent. Sometimes I feel bad for people who visit.

It's always very gratifying to check the counter and notice that there are still people who search for "Riding the Mellow" or "macdyne". Even during weeks when I don't really update.

I would like to say thanks for all the support and thanks for dropping by. I do hope that while this blog is mainly for my own use, other people might find it useful too.

I've noticed something kind of odd lately. I'm not as enthuasistic about meeting new people as I used to. It used to be quite interesting to meet new people. These days to be honest, I couldn't really be bothered. When I do meet new people (in the office for example), I don't say very much at all.

I know that's not the best attitude to have. The question is, why? Why does it suddenly feel like it's too much effort? And the most important question of all, how do I regain the motivation and enthusiasm for new social contact? Or for anything else that's new for that matter.

I hope I'm not slowly turning into some kind of scrooge. That would be kind of sad.

Well, it's coming to the end of the year now. As usual, I'm inclined to ask where did all that time go? And as usual, I feel very, very lazy. I have no motivation to work whatsoever.

Anyway...

I've finally managed to get the full 2 DVD version of Medieval 2 Total War. Now I get all the videos and other bells and whistles and the game seems to work a little better. I do have to say that the AI is still a bit lacking. Not cunning and/or aggressive enough for my taste. The rest of game however is simply breathtaking. The battles especially. I especially like the so call "bloom" effect. It makes the graphics less sharp and everything looks more warm and fuzzy.

I await the patch which will take care of some minor issues and make the game better.

I'm also waiting for the Neverwinter Nights 2 patch. According for my brother who's been playing it, the game has a potentially deadly bug whereby you cannot finish some quests. Such a shame for such an otherwise excellent game.

I'm also waiting for the FM patch which will help fix some minor but annoying bugs.

It seems that these days, software is so sophisticated it's impossible to get everything right at the first try. Even games.

In other news, my house is still kind of under construction. Which means that there is so much noise during the day that it's impossible to get any kind of peace and quiet. I hope they finish quickly.

So far that's the only noteworthy thing that's been happening.

I hope to have a quiet week. Nay, a quiet month!

No comments: