Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Tale of the Swaggery Colleague

Firstly, Love United. What a lovely song that was. In the video, Roberto Carlos is quite funny.

Anyway, thought I post a follow up on that list I put up last week:-

1. Already placed an order for the door. It should be here within this two weeks.

2. Guy who hit me promised to pay me this week.

3. I keep forgetting to look through the CDs in the car. Might do that tomorrow, I'll move them out of the car at least.

4. Backup of music in progress. Lots of DVDs.

5. Still no time to play guitar. Work gets in the way. And Football Manager.

6. Too lazy to close bank accounts. Besides, there isn't much money in them anyway. I might want to keep the Maybank one just in case I need their online payment service.

2 out of 6. Which is less than half. Ah well.

Yesterday, I was hanging around with my colleagues at work and someone blurted out that our Swaggery colleague has got himself a date with this woman from another department.

That is bloody fast. Last week they didn't even know each other. Actually, I wanted to slowly talk to her.

Once again I'm going to have to let this one slide.

Relationship dynamics can be quite complicated but watching Swaggery colleague work his way through women is frightening. His method is scarily simple. He just bulldozes them, never giving them any chances to overthink. Take it or leave it. Now or never. It's mystifying.

Needless to say he gets laid quite a lot.

Some might say it's a matter of timing but from what I see here, being forward is more rewarding. Being brash and swaggery helps too apparently.

That's the X factor. Swaggery colleague has tons of total confidence in himself. Almost too much one might say. I'd pay money to be that confident and that fearless. I guess confidence is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

Sometimes I think, where did this confidence come from? Is he confident because he gets laid a lot or does he get laid a lot because he's confident?

Also, guys like this make it hard for ordinary guys.

You see, he gets laid a lot. So, behind him he leaves a trail of messed up women who fell for him. In fact, he dumped one just last weekend. *Snaps fingers* just like that.

Now, let's say that I met one of these "leftovers". Let's say that I wanted to befriend her and take her for dinner or whatever. She won't. Because I'm a guy and guys are scum. Just like the last guy who dumped her.

Unfortunately, this isn't a hypothetical scenario. Wrong place wrong time?

Anyway, there are three conclusions. Conclusion number 1, low confidence equals no success with women. No surprise there.

Conclusion number 2, the more easily one hooks up with a member of the opposite sex, the easier it is to leave them just like that. It's because one can get away with it and people will give one more chances to "make up for it" so to speak. It's not necessarily evil, it's just the way it is. If you're desirable then you can get away with being a bitch/jerk because you're desirable and people are more willing to let it slide. That's why people stay is bad relationships.

Don't ask me why, I've tolerated bad treatment out of want and desire myself. It's just human stupidity I suppose...

And lastly, unless you have a "move" or are attractive or uber confident, if you are just an ordinary joe, the one and only one thing you can rely on is still just pure, blind, dumb luck.

That sucks but there you go.

No comments: