Saturday, August 07, 2004

And Now... A Bonus Post for Saturday

In the "Happy Accidents" post, I mentioned not having any expectations and not questioning intentions didn't I ?

I'm finding that hard to do.

Sarah was right, it's practically impossible to have any sort of relationship (platonic or otherwise) and not have any expectations or any questions. And why shouldn't it be like that. These expectations determine how we approach the relationship. It determines how laid back we are or how intense. The questions ? A necessary part of our built-in self-defense mechanism (unless you're really naive).

So, right after I posted the aforementioned entry I found myself rather curious about F**. What did she want with me ? Does she really like me ? Is she fishing for customers ? Is she trying to score freebies off me ? Is she for real ? Does she have a secret agenda ?

Well, I decided to try something on Thursday night. I showed up as usual. We chatted. She was kind of busy so I hung out with some other guys (funny how you bump into people you haven't met for ages in bars) while she continued to man the till.

We talked some more after the place emptied a bit. She asked me if I wanted to go out again after. So here I decided to conduct a little test, just to see if she was being straight with me. I mean, I barely know her. You can't be careful you know, especially with my kind of luck.

I told her I'd like to but I was broke. I waited for her reaction. To my pleasant surprise, she said,"No problem. Tonight's on me." I was relieved.

We had a great time again. Even better than the previous night. She's really cool, I'm really starting to like her.

I realize it must be boring for some of the more 'experienced' people to read about this. I must come off as pretty green in this whole thing. Guess what, I am green. What can I do about it ?

Well anyways, isn't it great when you're just starting to know somebody. The discovery of unknown things, likes & dislikes, of quirks & idyosyncrasies. Oh what fun !

What does remain the same is that I'm still not going to put any pressure on myself here. I'm not in love with F**, that would be ridiculous considering I've only known her for an equivalent of three days. Right now ? I expect us to become friends. Good friends.

That's good enough for me, for now. If either one of us wants anything more, then we'll find out soon enough.

Have a good weekend.

Oh and I saw her again last night too....

No comments: