Monday, August 16, 2004

About Nothing Again

Dammit.

It's really strange how I can be in such a rush on an off-day. I have to go and see some friends. I've also noted that some of my previous entries have been kind of sad. In reality, I'm not a sad person. Really, I'm not.

And so to redress that, I've decided to post about everyday nonsense that I got up to last two days.

Yesterdat, I went to work hung-over. That was torture. Please, please remind me NOT to drink large amounts of vodka, beer & stout AT THE SAME time anymore. And to make matters even worse, a lot of things went wrong that day. Thankfully, I managed to keep everything under control. I went to see Leon (my cousin) to watch a football (soccer to some of you *wink*) match. Actually two matches. Yes people, the English Premier League kicked off this week. You know what that means ? Why, Super Sunday of course !!

I'm a bit of a football (soccer) fan. It's fun. This season, I'll be rooting for Arsenal to win (again), Norwich City (because Proton is sponsoring them) and as usual, whoever is playing against Man U at any given time.

I don't like Man U.

And today ? I watched some DVD (can't remember title) and went out to buy Doom 3. I hope my PC can handle it. Also I got a mp3 CD with songs from games, including Need For Speed Underground. And Max Payne. And Grand Theft Auto Vice City (one of the finest games EVER made).

I'm going to leave today with something Buffy related, since I haven't posted any Buffy/Angel-esque material lately.

Read carefully, today's post was supposed to be based on this quote.

"Figuring out how to control your magic seems a lot like hammering a nail. Well, uh, hear me out. So you're hammering, right? OK, well at the end of the hammer, you have the power, but no control. It takes, like, two strokes to hit the nail in, or you could hit your thumb.So you choke up. Control, but no power. It could take like ten strokes to knock the nail in. Power, control. It's a tradeoff."

- Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Ep. 126, Help

Hopefully tomorrow I'll still remember what I was supposed to write.

No comments: