Thursday, August 05, 2004

Happy Accidents

If you look, you will notice that my Unkymood thingy hasn't changed for the last few days. Not because I'm too lazy to change it, but because I HAVE been calm lately. Despite all the stuff that I'm doing and am going through, I'm keeping cool (and on certain things, keeping mum).

I had a very very interesting day yesterday.

So yesterday, I post my blog entry of the day, fully intending on temporary swearing of relationship based activities. I get in my car and drive home. My car stalled at the Stutong roundabout and I couldn't start it.

I made a few calls and 90 minutes and a half a pack of cigarrettes later, this old guy showed up and checked my engine. We got the car started. It was a very minor problem (carbon deposits on the contacts preventing the plugs from firing, a problem which now I can fix myself). The good thing was after we cleared the contacts and readjusted some things, the car suddenly had more power. A LOT more. And it's so much smoother now too.

That meant that the contacts have been dirty since I got the car four months ago. Proton QC, I'm not even surprised...

Sometimes good things happen after bad things happen. If my car didn't stall, I wouldn't have known about the contact problem.

Life is funny like that. Good things emerge from bad situations. And sometimes, good things come out of nowhere.

Yesterday night, I went out to meet up with Susan and some old friends. I went to P****** early, so I hung out with the staff while waiting. Nice people, them. There's this bartender/cashier there. Her name is F*******.

I've been coming here a lot lately, just to chill and chat with the bartender, Cheers style you know. So last night was the same. Susan showed up later and we had our usual round of drinks. And while she was entertaining our friends, me & F** really started talking.

So Susan left after that, leaving me there. I was having a great time talking to F** who apparently was more chatty than usual despite being rather busy. The topic gradually shifted to things like where she lived and how does she go home after work. I suddenly had a brain-flash .

This was when I did something completely out of character. This may be no big deal to many people, but for me it was a leap into the unknown.

I asked her out.

I asked her,"Let's say that if you had your own ride back, where would you like to go tonight ?" She smiled at me and asked me,"Anywhere, do you have somewhere in mind ?". I asked her again,"Do you want to hang out ?".

She said,"Yes I want to." Just like that. I asked and she said yes. No agonising about technique or pickup lines. No questions about potential rejection. It was so simple, it's crazy.

I waited for her to close at 1.00am. We went to another club and stayed until 4.30am. We talked. We ordered more drinks. We danced. Before I sent her & her cousin (who happened to be there at the time) home, she asked for my number.

It was great. Unexpectedly great in fact.

She messaged me this morning to say thanks and to say that she had a great time. She wants to see me again tonight.

I'm not going to over-analyse this. I don't want to ask questions about her intentions or my intentions for that matter. I'm not going to worry about whether if this is just a temporary thing or otherwise. I'm not going to expect anything.

I'm just going to let it roll. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. Whatever happens in the future, let it happen.

Yes, I'm having a good day.


No comments: