Monday, August 23, 2004

Miscellaneaous Miscellany Pt 2

My muse hasn't returned from it's unauthorized leave of absence yet. I'm getting fidgety. Therefore blogoholics, friends, strangers, I will now write about a bunch of random, unrelated things.

-----------

On Friday night, two of my friends nearly got themselves killed when they crashed their newly modded ride. They made it out alive but only just. Both are now in hospital. Miraculously, they didn't break or lose any limbs considering what a total wreck the car was (I have pictures of the car. Or the twisted, mangled pile of metal that used to be a car). Even more miraculous was that neither one of them were wearing seatbelts. All they got was cuts, bruises, some internal bleeding and really bad concussions. I guess it wasn't time for them to go yet. I know of less horrific wrecks where people get killed.

I think they'll be out of action for a month at least. One thing for sure, none of my friends will EVER EVER give me a hard time for belting up while I'm driving. My friends, they're all cool but some of them are really, really dumb. Even more dumb, I know some girls who think that it's not manly to wear seatbelts. What kind of retards are these people ?

So people, please wear belts while driving. They are there for a REASON and it's included in the price of the car so WEAR IT. And if you think it's a hassle or not macho or whatever, you are a dumbass.

------

I finished Doom 3. WITHOUT cheating !!!! When I got to the mouth of Hell in the game, I was confronted with a demon (Doom fans will know this one. It was a CyberDemon. Yeah, the one with the BIG rocket launcher). I screamed HOLY CRAP !!! so loud my mom came into my room.

And if you play Doom 3 and get here, save your ammo and don't shoot the demon. The damned thing's unkillable by regular weapons. Use the Soulcube. And don't forget to RUN !! DO NOT stand still under ANY circumstances.

Thus ends today's gaming tip.

-----

Remember what I said about not going for overtime ? Scratch that, I got a call and my colleague begged and pleaded and made bambi eyes so I've to turn up at 10 tomorrow morning. It seems there's been another workstation failure and I'm the only one who can fix it. The guy who's supposed to handle these things is on vacation. For a month. In China.

*sigh* At least, I'm getting paid...

-----

I went out with F** and whole bunch of her friends. Had a fabulous time. She's funny when she's drunk. What a sweet girl...

We talked. We are starting to bond ;-)

-----

Ooops, a text message. It's F**. Gotta go now...

No comments: