Monday, August 02, 2004

Blogging is Cool

I'm going to stop partying for a while. Been at it for the last month (I think) and it's starting to hurt. Physically.

Quite a weekend I had. As usual I went to Panggau Libau on Saturday night. Had vodka & lime. It was nice. Also, it's starting to become rather plain. I need a change of venue. Somewhere not so frenetic. Somewhere I can relax.

I may have found it the next day. On Sunday afternoon I went to Bing! to meet up with Tarlia, Marita, Shook, Fariah, Cayce & Daniel. It was the first time I've met Daniel, Cayce & Marita. As usual with these people, it was a lot of fun. And Bing!, what a nice place. I was impressed with the decor and the overall ambience. The food & drinks selection was varied & unique too. The only complaint I had with the place was the music. I thought they were playing the wrong kind of music & they played it too loud. If they were going for "relaxing", they should change the music (or at least lower the volume).

Anyway, back to the meet up. What can I say ? It was great. The girls didn't pick on me as much this time around. Maybe they took pity on me when I said that was still a bit drunk from the night before. Shook & Fariah had to leave early to catch the airshow at the airport. We continued to chat until about 4.30pm. I hope to do this again, real soon in fact.

Stupidly enough, right now I can't remember what we talked about (did I mention that the music was loud enough to drown out people who are sitting two feet away ? And that I was slightly drunk.). I do remember being quite fascinated by Cayce (don't worry I'm not going to start stalking you..).

She's researches wildlife and for those of you who follow her blog you'll know that she currently operates in the Batang Ai area, a place that I visited many, many years ago in fact. It's just briliant to talk to someone who researches wildlife for a living. I may not look like it but I find the subject of wildlife interesting. And to meet someone who does it here in my own backyard even more interesting.

Unfortunately, the loudness of Bing! and my lack of sobriety prevented me from asking her more about her work. I must remember to ask the next time I see her. Seems so much more exciting & meaningful than what I do for a living.

See, this is the best thing about having a weblog. Without my blog, I could never hope to meet people like Cayce, Sativa, Tarlia, Marita, Daniel and so, so many other interesting characters. And not to mention those I've "met" online, like Lainie, Sarah & Kristie. Through the wonders of modern telecommunications technology, it almost doesn't matter where we come from/live.

Blogging is cool that way.

No comments: