Saturday, August 28, 2004

Me Whining

It's a Saturday night and I'm at work. I'm not thrilled. I have some work to do actually, but now I'm procrastinating. Because I want to.

And because I'm not thrilled, rather bored and purposely wasting time, I have decided to take an internet quiz. I got this from Joyce. Aida took this quiz too. You can do yours here if you like.

Here's what it says about me:-

eXpressive: 6/10
Practical: 10/10
Physical: 2/10
Giver: 5/10

You are a XPIT--Expressive Practical Intellectual Taker. This makes you a Manager.

You are cool, thoughtful and intelligent. Your approach and your sense of humor are under-the-radar, your charm is undeniable. You keep everything under control. You have distinctive vocal mannerisms. You may not have much interest in approaching strangers, but when you do, you are successful.

You will probably end up with someone beautiful, fascinating and off-balance. While your partner may steal the limelight, it's you that keeps things running smoothly and provides stability in your relationship. If you are with someone as contemplative and hard-headed as you, you can have a tough time.

Your greatest asset is that you tackle conflict as it rises -- you don't ignore it and let it brew. If you have a partner that *does* let it brew, it will make you crazy! You can find yourself fighting for two -- trying to anticipate your partner's needs and draw their feelings out -- which is exhausting and, well, not your job.

You would never cheat. You would make an excellent spouse. When your spouse's friends met you, they would think, "Crap, why couldn't I get that one?"

Of the 17611 people who have taken this quiz, 5.1 % are this type.

-------

This is a weird result. Lots of funny stuff here. Like "You may not have much interest in approaching strangers, but when you do, you are successful". Ha ha ha. I don't know why I find that funny but, Ha Ha Ha Ha *points*. Successful my ass. If I'm so good at it why am I still here alone, single and by myself ?

This one is even funnier,"You will probably end up with someone beautiful, fascinating and off-balance". Can you say delusional ? I can't even hit it off with Jenny Regular. Sheesh.

Ok ok. I'm overreacting here. It's just a dumb Internet quiz. Also, I'm exhausted and not feeling so good.

But seriously, I was quite surprised at the result. I've always thought of myself as the stereo-typical Nice Guy in a relationship. Hmm, maybe I'm not such a saint after all. Maybe I do want more. But is that so wrong ? To want satisfaction from a relationship. Is it wrong to demand that my partner meet me half-way instead of me waiting on her, hand and foot ?

Uh-oh. I'm suddenly feeling really chatty. Pardon me. I'm bored here. I need to do something to make time pass.

Where was I ? Oh yeah, hand and foot. And about that nice guy thing ? You know the saying,"Nice guys finish last" ? Well, it's true. I've got this insane theory that if you're too nice, you're easier to dump. The even more insane thing, I've seen it happen.

Guy A & Guy B are trying to get Girl C. Guy A is an abusive, selfish, bastard. Guy B isn't. Girl C has to choose. Guy A says that if Girl C doesn't pick him, he'll do all sorts of things like cut himself and get drunk and other madness. Guy B tells Girl C that he trusts her to make the right decision. What does Girl C do ?

She chooses Guy A.

Now, some may say Girl C is an idiot. True. But the point here is that at the point of time to choose, it was simply more convenient for Girl C to choose Guy A because it would be just too much trouble if she chose Guy B. Besides, Girl C knows that Guy B would try to understand and wish her the best. Girl C dumps Guy B because it's easier for her.

See ? And you wonder, if things like these keep happening to Guy B, why doesn't he just give up and become a priest or something. Guy B is dumb too.

And even now, everytime I hear the phrase "Mac would understand. He's a nice guy" it still smarts like the dickens....

And even now at the time of writing, I fear that my latest (mis)adventure will end like that.

Thus endeth the rant. And if you're thinking,"Dude, stop whining. It's very simple, all you need to do is (insert cliched advice here)." I'm not you so what worked for you WILL NOT work for me, by the simple virtue of you not being me. Besides, you probably just got lucky. So go away.

There. All better.

To be continued...

No comments: