Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Jared Leto Sings!!

I didn't know Jared Leto was in a band. I didn't expect to actually like the band either.

I've been listening to 30 Seconds to Mars for something like a week before finding out that Jared Leto sings and plays guitar for them. And he writes the songs too. Go to the website and check out the video for Attack. Very cool.

Imagine, Hephaistion singing in a progressive rock band. A good one too.

I've just returned from dinner. Another birthday and good conversation in a place with good ambience. And Lambrusco Amabile, a good red wine which tastes like Nightrain, but slightly sweeter and fizzier.

And of course, there was someone new there. Seems nice enough. Perky, good sense of humour. Seems to be quite open minded, which is always good. Hopefully, I'll see her again. Soon.

I've just realized that I'm not meeting enough new people to my satisfaction. Let's face it, at my age, meeting new people (especially women) takes a fair amount of effort. Besides, I need to get used to being around different kinds of people.

And perhaps, with that, I can break out of my cycle of alternating between loneliness and relationships that drain me.

Oh dear, I'm talking about the "R" word again. That could be bad. I wonder, am I going to obsess and overanalyse again? It's a bad habit. Bad habits die hard, unfortunately.

So far so good, I haven't really been thinking about it. So far so good.

In fact, I'm betting if I keep from thinking about things pertaining to the "R" word, I might be able to be better at it. Perhaps if I stop worrying and watching everything I say and do, I won't find myself in yet another relationship where I get taken for a ride and get dumped after I've served my purpose.

Who knows? This is life and this is one of the many paradoxical things about life. Die to live. Lose to have. That kind of thing.

I should remember that. It seems to be like that most of the time, especially with me.

So, still not looking. Perhaps that will actually help me get.

Who knows?

Update: While I'm on the subject of things that are unexpectedly good, Tatu's new album "Dangerous and Moving" is....well, surprisingly good. I know, I know, that "band" has a rather dubious reputation, but their new is really good.

Current Music - We Shout-Tatu, Dangerous and Moving

No comments: