Thursday, September 08, 2005

Assorted Nuts

Firstly, as a person who drives a 1300cc vehicle, this is very good news. Now, if only I can find a way to reduce auto insurance. Anyway, reducted road tax is always good news.

I'm at work and I don't really want to be here. No surprises there. I've been feeling extremely unmotivated lately. I might need a change of scenery soon.

Another thing to brighten up the day. I was looking through my hit counter and the top three keywords either have the blog URL or the blog title in it. There are people out there who read me! That's very nice and I appreciate that. I hope they enjoy whatever it is that I write as much as I enjoy writing it.

Sometimes, a few rather well known bloggers drop by. Occasionally, they even leave comments. Everytime this happens, I think,"Woah..." Tis very cool.

I have a song stuck in my head at the moment. Luckily, unlike most days where the stuck song is an annoying one, today it's 30 Seconds to Mars' "Attack". A good song. So much better than that time when I had that damned Crazy Frog song stuck in my head.

There's nothing really happening right now. Let's see how the day goes.

Oh yeah, one more thing.

Anyone who's been reading the papers recently would know about what one DAP writer put up on the DAP website, something about the real "freedom fighters" who won independence back in 1957. (DAP is a leading opposition party here, for those who don't know). Here's an article commenting on the whole thing.

Ronnie Liu, the writer, claims that the CPM (Communist Party of Malaya) and it's leader Chin Peng fought for freedom and didn't get credit for it. Well, they may have fought the British but what freedom were they fighting for?

Since when did communism ever stand for freedom?

It may be his opinion, but Mr. Liu is nuts to think that CPM and Chin Peng fought for freedom. If they did fight for freedom, then why did they continue fighting after 1957. Why did they only stop in 1989?

A bunch of commies fighting a democratically elected government (as screwed up as that government can be at times) are NOT freedom fighters. If anything, commies want to take freedom AWAY, not give it.

Instead, they should be called another name more fitting to their modus operandi. So question time:

What do you call a bunch of people who blow things up and wilfully intimidate/kill civilians while fighting for their "cause"?

Terrorists. When CPM turned terorrist, they showed their true colours. They weren't fighting for us. They were fighting AGAINST us, for themselves. How does this make them "freedom fighters"?

Terrorists are terorrists. Fullstop. Had CPM won, would Mr. Ronnie Liu have the right to yap away and would DAP even exist?

Let's not forget that shall we?

No comments: