Thursday, June 03, 2004

Vodka + Orange Juice = Hangoverless Morning After

I just had me a real busy day. Had to send my car to service one entire month ahead of schedule. The damned condenser belting tensioner actually FELL OFF, thus rendering the aircond unit unsafe to use due to risk of belt slippage, which could cause damage to the condensor (and my wallet). Bloody Proton QC....

Also I've just had the most funfilled Gawai break in ages, especially the 31st. I went to two gatherings and got reason wasted, as planned. My vodka/orange juice mix was a big hit with my mates, so much so that we're doing it again two weeks from now. The next day in the morning we went for breakfast and I had me a cool bottle of Guinness. It was great. One of the plus sides of drinking with your mates is the energetic, no holds barred conversations and other miscellaneaous hijinks. And for once, I didn't drink any beer.

You see, beer is not bad actually. I love the smell and its got quite a nice high. It's just that beer causes the worst hangover, strong enough to totally incapacitate me the entire next day. And there is also the beer belly factor. Me and at least two of my friends have decided to cut down on beer drinking and try other stuff. I've acquired a taste for stout recently and I highly recommend it over beer any time. It's less gassy and doesn't cause that horrid bloated feeling. It's bitter though so it's an acquired taste. Plus, not much after effect, just a burning thirst the next day. I'd take that over a headache any time. So much less pain.

I'm also beginning to get a feel for wine drinking. Not the drink-until-I-collapse drinking, but the slow, sipping drinking. Wine drinking is totally relaxing, where you savor the different smells and the different tastes of different wines. Kinda costly though, so can't do it too often. And vodka. I've always loved it. Neat or mixed, it's just lovely. Of course it's very strong and deadly for novices to drink so take it easy withg vodka. And I also love tequila (both gold and silver, and sunrise mix!!), bourbon and Southern Comfort whiskey. I can tolerate brandy and scotch but these are usually really dry and are kinda hard to appreciate. My experience, good liquors are less likely to cause serious, incapacitating hangovers

I sound like an alcoholic don't I ? Okay, before anyone starts getting concerned, I'm not. I don't NEED alcohol. I don't get the shakes when I don't drink. It's just that it sucks the way that society sees drinkers as automatically dependant on the drink, evil and bad and other negative stuff. But I don't care what people think, so long as I'm happy and people don't get in the way.

Well anyways, I just want to say I had a great Gawai. I wasn't perfect, I didn't do much visiting and didn't hook up with anyone new, but it was great.

I had fun.

Salut !

No comments: