Thursday, November 04, 2004

Ship of Fools

Well, well, well....

You can fool some people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. So the saying goes.

As it turns out, you don't have to fool everyone all the time to get ahead. You just need to fool some. Or more precisely, slightly more than half the people. It also helps to have a rival who turns out to be a wuss who quits before the final whistle blows. This is true.

If it wasn't, how do you explain Bush winning again ?

Ok, some people will insist they voted out of their own free will and nobody fooled them into doing it. Ok fine.

But if you vote for a liar who lied to you, doesn't that mean that you were fooled ?

Now one can argue that being a non-American, I have no business talking about this. What goes on in the US should only concern Americans right ? No.

See it's hard not have a ripple effect when you talk about a country that big and with that much power.

So Bush wins again. As long as he and his personal retinue of hawks don't start another war I'll be fine with it.

This also goes to prove that basic prerequisites such as intelligence, coherence and basic mental competence are really not necessary to get into politics. It's true in this country. And apparently also true in the US.

In other more personal news, something quite brilliant happened today. There was a problem at the office the last few days which I solved by using Yahoo Briefcase. I suggested using this as a work around to an e-mail related problem. He in turn suggested this to another department who then called our US office to suggest to them. The US folks were so impressed with my extremely effective yet elegantly simple solution, they sent e-mail about it. My boss told them that it was my idea and in turn mailed our whole department about it.

That made my day. My boss is nice fella. He could've taken credit for this easily and no one would've known. But he didn't. This isn't the first time he's done this.

Just when you want to give up on people, something like this happens to remind you that not everyone's an asshole.

I'm exhausted, my feet hurt and it's been a hectic day. But I feel good.

One more day to go before my extra long weekend.

Currently Listening to "Walk Through the Fire" Buffy Cast, BtVS - Once More With Feeling OST

No comments: